Pay your business rates by direct debit
Direct debit is the easiest payment method. It’s simple, secure and you only need to give us your details once. It is backed by the direct debit guarantee.
We will request payment from your bank on the second day of the month. Or the next business day if the second day of the month falls on a weekend or public holiday.
You can set up direct debit online if you have a MyGuildford account. If you don’t have an account, signing up is quick and easy.
Register or login to your MyGuildford account
If you haven’t yet registered to access your online business rates account, there are more steps to follow. You can then link your Professional Online Rates account to your MyGuildford account.
To complete this step, you will need the following information:
- your professional rates reference number – found on your last invoice. Do not include the “X” when entering the reference
- the postcode of your property in Guildford
Once you have linked your account, you can access the “Account Summary” screen. You will see a list of “quick links” on the right side. You must select the “change my payment method” link.
You will need the following information to set up your direct debit:
- the name and address of your bank or building society
- the sort code and account number of your bank or building society account. You will need the reference number for some building society accounts
- if your professional account requires several physical signatories, you will need to complete a paper mandate.
Once you have submitted your direct debit details, we will contact you if we need any further information.
We aim to make the change to your account within 10 working days and issue your new invoice by post.