Pay your residence tax by direct debit
Direct debit is the easiest payment method. It’s simple, secure and you only need to give us your details once. It is also backed by the direct debit guarantee. We will request payment from your bank on the second day of the month. If it falls on a weekend or holiday, it will be the next working day
Set up direct debit and pay council tax with a MyGuildford account
If you don’t have an account, signing up is quick and easy. A MyGuildford account will allow you to:
- set up direct debit and change payment method or bank details
- log in at a time that suits you to pay your council tax – 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- view account balances, see what you’ve paid and when
- sign up for e-invoicing and receive email alerts when your invoice is available online
- request a copy of your invoice
- upload documents
Register or login to your MyGuildford account
Once you have a MyGuildford account, there are additional steps to link your municipal tax account online.
You can set up direct debit online if you have a MyGuildford account.
To link your council tax to your MyGuildford account, you will need the following information:
- your council tax reference number – found on your last bill
- your name exactly as it appears on your council tax bill
- your postal code
- If you have applied for Local Tax Assistance or been named on an Application for Local Tax Assistance, you will also need to provide your National Insurance Number. This provides an additional level of security
Watch our video on how to link council tax to your MyGuildford account
Changing your payment method
Once your account is linked, you can access the account summary screen. You will see “quick links” on the right side. You must select the “change my payment method” link on the right side of the page.
You will also need the following information to set up your direct debit:
- the name and address of your bank or building society
- your sort code and the account number of your bank account. You need a reference number for some building society accounts
Once your application is complete, we will contact you if we need more information.
We strive to make the change to your account within 10 business days and issue your new invoice. We will send you your new invoice by post.